Tracing Our Roots
saabout

1953 Second Management Committee.

1950 Singapore Camera Club’s first Management Committee.

The Photographic Society of Singapore (PSS) was established in 1950

PSS’s humble beginnings started in a dingy warehouse in Boat Quay when 5 friends gathered to discuss the establishment of a Society to cater to the needs of a growing number of photo-enthusiasts in Singapore.

 

PSS had always been a part of nation building in Singapore as pioneers and members document the progress of the nation through their works. Throughout the years, PSS had produced many outstanding internationally renowned photographers.

 

Throughout this time, PSS had unceasingly focused on fostering cultural exchange internationally through photography art and strengthening partnerships with photographic organizations around the world. In relation, PSS had continuously strived to remain connected with the changing needs of the photography community, as well as the progressive changes in imaging technology.

 

Today PSS is the National Body of photographic art in Singapore and the official National Federation appointed by the International Federation of Photographic Art (FIAP), a Consultative Member of UNESCO. PSS is currently composed of a Board and managed by the Management Council.
PSS and her members had witnessed the evolution of photography for the past 65 years.

 

Through the passionate contributions of her members and staff, PSS continues to be a leader in the photography community across the globe. Presently there are about 1650 paid-up members and more then 22,000 followers in our social media platform.